Candidates preparing for the European qualifying examination (EQE) may become epi student members. Candidates can apply to the epi Education Team (email@example.com) at any stage of their training. The first application provides student membership for three years from application. After those three years, the student may renew membership annually, by applying each year.
The epi Student membership expires automatically once the student passes all parts of the EQE.
Please note that the epi Students have not yet the possibility to login to the restricted epi member area. We are still working on development for an individual epi Students area on our website and hope we can proceed as soon as possible.
Conditions for all applications
Please be informed that the annual epi student membership fee increases to 95 Euro effective from 1 January 2016
To apply to become a student member of epi you must
- Fill in in the appropriate application form
- Name a sponsor, i.e. a person who con-firms that he/she is responsible for your professional training.
There are 3 different types of sponsors:
- A European Patent Attorney on the list
- person authorised under Art. 133 (3) EPC, or
- An employer
- Pay the student fee of 95 EUR
Benefits for epi students
Each student is entitled to:
- Receive his/her own hard copy of "European qualifying examination – Guide for preparation"
- Receive quarterly an issue of our magazine "epi Information"
- A 50% reduction on course fees of epi educational events, such as tutorials, Mock EQEs and seminars
Rules governing the epi student membership
The current version of the "Rules governing the epi studentship" is available here.
The application form is currently not available to due maintenances reason.